knitnana: Happy Blogaversary to Me!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Blogaversary to Me!

It's here. I kinda feel like I missed it, but it's here...(and this post is sort of lame, but I'm really tired so I apologize for that).

Why did I miss it? Because of this:

I'm barely standing at this point...it's been an exhausting weekend, this time more because it wasn't the best show. And I'm not sure quite why. Perhaps people are really feeling pinched, and are watching their pennies closely, maybe because I'm more of a luxury item? But it didn't seem to affect other vendors, so my question is this:

Am I passe? Behind the times? (sigh)

I surely hope not. (But just in case that's a possibility, I've got a couple of other designs on the drawing board, so stayed tuned next month...

Anyway, it's my blogaversary, so I apologize if I'm less than upbeat, but it's hard to put the effort into a show like that and have it not be successful.

But...it's my blogaversary! And I have 3 winners in my contest - one from each color category! If you look at sheer numbers, White had 19 votes, Petal had 15 votes, and Blush had 4.

1. In the Petal group: Pam! - I laughed till I cried over your reason for orange...there was no way I could ignore the most amusing comment - it had to win "first place!"

The other two winners were drawn randomly:
2. In the Blush group: Marsha and she gave me so much to think about with regard to Fauvist's (I didn't know that term before, so I learned much from the comment!) - I do adore Matisse tho...hmmmm

3. Representing the White group: Lana had a good suggestion for using white against my face ...it's always been a good color choice for me.

I'll be contacting each of the winners for their mailing addresses and thank you so much - everyone - for commenting and giving me your perspectives! I appreciate it. I don't know that I've EVER had comments from 38 people on one post before!

Now...what color am I going to use? well...I have to admit I haven't decided yet. I'm leaning toward white, tho' - I think...or maybe the Petal...or maybe...the Blush! *wink*

Someone is very glad to have me home - and even wanted to play with the camera strap!

I hope your week is a good one. I'm planning a little bit of rest in here somewhere...I feel like I really need it.
(((Hugs)))

14 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

First, Happy Blogiversary! Second, I'm so sorry the show didn't go as well as you'd hoped -- that's such a frustrating thing to have happen, when you put all that work and time into preparing. And it's sometimes so random, the things that make people buy or not buy at a given time! Hang in there, and definitely enjoy your well-deserved down time :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

But Sallee, you live to vend another day! This was just not your show this time around.

All good things to you on this, your blog anniversary!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy blogiversary! Sorry to hear about the show. :(

10:32 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Rest, take care of yourself! Happy Blogiversary, too!!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, and many more!

So sorry the show didn't go as well as planned. But you did get to meet the woman who bought your mother's house. And maybe that's what this show was for?

A cup of tea and a good night's sleep and a hug to you.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Happy blog-iversary! I tend to agree with you about people slightly watching their pennies right now. Things have been slow all around. My job is a luxury item for most, necessity for few so i can understand. Also the fear of "taxes" this month make it harsh. But new items can only add more $$ when things get back to normal and then will give you the edge! Now go sleep!

Congrats to the winners!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm sorry the weekend was less than satisfying for you. Hopefully it was just a fluke and things will be better next time.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

Happy Happy Blog Anniversary! Don't worry too much about that show ... one bad show does not a trend make! (Mmmm, that wording sounds a bit like Yoda. Or Gollum. Yikes!)

I'm thinking it's time to swatch those colors and see which combo you like.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Happy blogiversary!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Happy Blogiversary, and many more! Too bad on the disappointing show, hopefully the next will be better.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

I'm so excited! BTW I've nominated you for your excellence in blogging. Keep up the great work:~D

11:45 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Happy Blogiversary! Sorry to hear about the show. I'm sure you will bounce back stronger than ever. I hope you get some rest and have some good cuddle time with The Meezer.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Happy Blogiversary!

You are *not* passe! I just don't think that every single show can be a success. Like Karen said, "live to vend another day." You'll bounce right back. :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Happy belated Blogiversary Sallee!

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!