Ten on Tuesday has rolled around again, in the New Year, and it's challenge today is to list 10 Goals for 2013. Hm. I'd really planned only 3, and to have my One Word, as detailed below, but, okay, I'll add another one and then detail some mini-goals within those overarching larger ones?
1. The one I've adding to the original 3, is to get back on track with My Sweetheart in our health plan. We both have enjoyed the holidays, and, let's face it, new relationships (tho' ours is now 8 months old!!) seem to revolve a lot around social eating. He was in process of serious reducing when we got together originally (and I was his cheerleader on FB) and then began the rounds of events as we got to know each other and each other's families, and the holidays, etc etc. So we both decided that we had to get back on track. I'm doing the 100 miles in 100 days challenge again (which began in my community last year - I participated then) and he thought he'd be interested in it as well. I'm mostly going to be using my exercise bike, so have made my challenge 200 miles in 100 days. And we'll be eating more vegetarian/vegan meals, too.
2. In my "Finishitis" goal, I have several mini's:
3. Finish my sis-in-law's Landscape Shawl
. We had our family Christmas yesterday, and I had her try it on, and we both decided it was just about big enough, so I'm ending at the end of the 4th pattern and putting on the edging (I hope this is going to work out nicely, time will tell)
4. Finish my Helsinki Hat Scarf
. I cannot tell you how long I've wanted to wear this. I also hate to admit I began this project in Feburary 2008. OY! Time to FINISH already...
5. Finish my Blue Jeans Brandywine Shawl
. It's already 2 years old, I do not want to wait much longer to get it done.
6. Finish My Sweetheart's blue denim plain vanilla socks. He want's them badly.
7. Input the rest of my stash to Ravelry...Oh my...yes, that's important and long long overdue.
8. Stashbusting in and of itself. ANYTHING that goes on the needles new, must must must be from stash.
9. Participate in the Downton Abbey KAL. I have the yarn (ordered in 2012, so not NEW and doesn't violate the no-purchases rule).
10. Continue to weed out my house. My Sweetheart and I both have this same problem. We'll be helping each other there, too.
And thru it all, will be my ONE Word: JOY. I think, if I can work on all of these 10 goals? There's going to be JOY experienced, don't you?