knitnana: Ten on Tuesday
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ten on Tuesday


The topic this week is: Ten Things I Did This Weekend. Well. Since this weekend was the one My Sweetheart and I dubbed our "getaway and relax" weekend, we actually did a few fun things, tho' the "getaway" part was done mostly locally!

1. Friday night (we had the day off on Friday, to make it a long holiday weekend), we attended the Michael McDonald Pops concert with the RSO (Roanoke Symphony Orchestra). A rollicking good time was had by all. He's still got it.


 

2. We woke up bright and early on Saturday and headed to Radford University for the Highlander Festival. We'd heard about the parade of the clans (shown below), and the games. We were pretty blown away by the guys that tossed 52 pounds over 20 feet, and such!! We also planned to make it to the Sheepdog trials, but if they had them, it was after we left.


3. My Sweetheart bought a sports cap in a neat black & gray tweed at the Highlander Festival. He looks really good in it. Tho' I suggested it, he didn't purchase a kilt. :(

4. I drooled over Oberon Designs leather and silver at a booth in the vendor area.

5. We had a fancy dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in town, Coach & Four. We want to find a restaurant that is "ours" but this one isn't it. It IS one I love...so we went, and crossed it off our list as "ours."

6. We went to see "Enough Said," at the Grandin Theatre (this is a reclaimed old theater that's been revamped to have 4 theaters inside. I was surprised to see the original ladies room still intact. And the stalls are still microscopic! The movie was delightful, so if you get the chance - go!

7. We stopped at my LYS, and picked up black Berroco Ultra Alpaca to make a cowl for him. I picked out Knitspot's pattern Creel which has instructions for a hat, mitts, and cowl. He likes them! (That photo there is before I caught my error in the pattern. I've since ripped 2.5 rows back. Sigh)
 

8. We came home to leftovers from the prior evening's dinner, and then I cast on for Creel and actually counted out the 140 stitches correctly the first time! (that NEVER happens...)

9. Monday we ran The Meezer to the vet. She was in need of her physical, and we discovered that now she must have a dental. This isn't something I like to hear...she's 12, and getting older, so the risks are higher. But she really does need to have 4 teeth removed, so we'll get the bloodwork and see. Hopefully that will indicate that she's healthy enough for the tooth removal.

10. And then the last thing we did, was to shop for a recliner for me for the upcoming shoulder replacement surgery. We found one. And a certain someone bought it for me and now I get to make room in the bedroom for it so I can get used to sleeping on it. Yes. It's a La-z-Boy! My Sweetie is pretty special, if you ask me.

It was a good weekend...and there was even knitting! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carole said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. I'm so happy for you, Sallee!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Good luck on your surgery! That Lazy Boy will prove it's weight in gold during your recovery.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Sounds like you did all the fun, yummy things you could.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!